When someone with a terminal illness no longer responds to treatment, it is time to start thinking of end-of-life care. Acquiring senior personal care services for your loved one may be the best option to ensure they have the best treatment and care for their remaining days. A hospice care program will ensure their needs are met while giving them the maximum comfort and freedom possible.
It is best to be mindful of your senior family member’s wishes when deciding how their final days should be spent. At The Corrigan House, we prioritize the quality of life of our senior living community. Our programs and services ensure not only their physical health but their mental and emotional well-being as well. If you are looking for hospice care services for your loved one, contact us at 570.956.0463 today to learn more about what we can offer.
What Is Compassionate Care Hospice?
Hospice care is a type of care given to people approaching the end of their lives. This type of care occurs when doctors have deemed their illness as incurable. As opposed to palliative care, which still aims to treat and cure, hospice care is focused solely on ensuring that a person’s remaining days are as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
The Corrigan House’s hospice care program is a residential program within our senior living community. Some of the services offered in this program are:
- Management of symptoms to ensure that the person’s remaining days are pain-free
- Hospice care specialists will encourage family meetings so that the time left with a loved one can be maximized
- Counseling is also offered to the resident and their loved ones to provide emotional support and stress relief
- Religious services are also available if that type of counseling is preferred
- General health and wellness care, such as assistance with bathing, medication, and day-to-day living
- Use of any necessary medical equipment required for the treatment of symptoms
- Various therapies, such as physical therapy and speech therapy
- Bereavement care for the loved ones once the resident comes to their final rest
Overall, Corrigan House’s compassionate hospice care program focuses on providing the best possible quality of life for anyone facing the end of life. Whether you are a resident or a loved one seeking support during this difficult time, our dedicated staff will work tirelessly to ensure that your needs and wishes are met with dignity and compassion.
What Are the Benefits of Senior Hospice Care?
It is easy to assume that removing someone from a hospital setting could only be detrimental to their condition. This isn’t necessarily the case. There are quite a few benefits to opting for hospice. A few of them are:
- It provides a peaceful, stress-free environment
- Moving to hospice care lets someone live their last days as they wish, with the freedom to do as they want
- One practical benefit is that hospice care is less expensive than staying at the hospital
- People in hospice care often have the potential for a longer life than initially expected
At The Corrigan House, we are very family-owned and operated. Loved ones need not worry about not being able to spend time with their loved ones in hospice care. Our main goal is to ensure that our resident’s last days will be as joyful and loving as possible while also alleviating the stress of care from the family.
Find a Hospice Care Program in Pennsylvania at The Corrigan House
Approaching the end of someone’s life is never an easy task. Here at The Corrigan House, we are prepared to help as much as possible. Our wide variety of offerings is designed to ensure the best quality of life possible for all our residents. If you require hospice care services in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, contact us at 570.956.0463 today.